J.Friend and Co Blackcurrant Honey Roast Pear Recipe
Thanks so much to Sharyn from JFriend & Co for sharing this YUM recipe with us - we wanted you to be able to take away an idea to recreate yourself if you purchase our Breakfast in Bed or The Dipper gift boxes - both contain JFriends Blackcurrant Honey - this is super easy to make, perfect as a dessert or brunch menu item if trying to impress!
3 Ripe Pears, (I used Bosc)
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup Blackcurrant honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp Blackcurrant honey
Preheat oven to 220 degrees
1. Cut the pears in half length wise, use a knife to remove the core
2. In a large cast iron saucepan add the butter, honey, vanilla, sugar and salt. Bring to the boil and stir continuously for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the halved pears to the pan, cut side down. Give it a shake and let them simmer for about 2 minutes. Turn the pears over and transfer the pan to the oven Bake for 12 minutes until the pears are soft and the sauce has caramelized.
4. While the pears are baking prepare the yoghurt. Fold the honey, cinnamon and blackcurrant honey through the yoghurt.
5. Allow the pears to cool to room temperature. Place one or two pears on a place, drizzle with the sauce and a generous dollop of yoghurt.